By the way, the documentation says that zle -R should be called after changing the command line from within a ZLE widget. > Redisplay the command line; this is to be called from within a user-defined widget to allow changes to become visible. However, when playing with LBUFFER and RBUFFER I realized that zle -R is not needed and the changes are visible immediately. Why is it so? Peter чет, 24. сеп 2020. у 11:55 Peter Slížik је написао/ла: > >> function insert-single-quotes() { >> LBUFFER+="'" >> RBUFFER="'$RBUFFER" >> } >> > > Yes, this would be the best way. I wonder why I overlooked this > possibility. > Thanks a lot, > Peter >