I solved this by writing a small script that listed the main directories and converted them to an abbreviated form. I feed the abbreviated list to compctl -k, and then I also added a "converter" which takes the abbreviated form and converts it back to the full path, which I use in my command. On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 1:13 PM, Aleksandr Miroslav wrote: > My IRC bouncer (ZNC), writes out IRC logs into directories that look like > this: > > /path/network1/#channel1 > /path/network1/##channel2 > /path/network1/user1 > /path/network2/#channel3 > /path/network2/##channel4 > /path/network2/user2 > > I would like compctl to autocomplete for me with these options: > > channel1 channel2 user1 channel3 channel4 user2 > > But, when I choose channel1 or whatever, it should return the full real > path (/path/network1/#channel1) > > How can I do this? > > >