I've been moving some of my more elaborate functions into their own files and using the autoload feature to import them into other scripts. But it's gotten me to wonder: Why make any functions at all? Why not just make them all scripts? If they are scripts in the $PATH then you can just call them by name and they work in the login shell or in scripts. If they are functions, you have to autoload them first. So I've gotten to wonder… what makes you make something a function vs a script? TjL -- TJ Luoma TJ @ MacStories Personal Website: luo.ma (aka RhymesWithDiploma.com ) Twitter: @tjluoma