zsh-users
* tab completion taking a _really_ long time
@ 2018-09-20 22:31 TJ Luoma
From: TJ Luoma @ 2018-09-20 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh-Users List

I just plugged in a computer that hasn't been used in over a year and
ran a bunch of updates.

One thing I noticed is that zsh is taking a long time (like 90
seconds) to do tab completion for 'cd'

For example, I was in my $HOME and did 'cd d' and press tab, which
should show me Desktop, Documents, and Downloads.

Instead it just sat there for 90 seconds.

When I tried it again and killed it (control-c) after a few seconds,
it reported this:

          Killed by signal in _path_files after 5s

This was in ZSH_VERSION 5.3

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

TjL

ps - if more diagnostic info is needed, please let me know. I'm not
sure what would be helpful here.

--
TJ Luoma
TJ @ MacStories