Let's use this variable as an example: INSTALL_TO='/Applications/Keyboard Maestro.app' Now, if I want to get just "keyboard maestro" I can use this: $INSTALL_TO:t:r:l But what if I want "keyboardmaestro" ? I tried this: echo "${INSTALL_TO:t:r:l// /}" but that just produced this error: zsh: unrecognized modifier I realize I could do this: FOO="${INSTALL_TO// /}" echo "$FOO:t:r:l" but I'd rather avoid using a second variable, if I can avoid it. Is there a way to do that with zsh, or am I stuck just sending it to `tr -d ' '` ? Thanks! TjL -- TJ Luoma TJ @ MacStories Personal Website: luo.ma (aka RhymesWithDiploma.com) Twitter: @tjluoma