Hum, I had this as the first lines of my plugin # no delays for mode switching. export KEYTIMEOUT=1 https://github.com/ninrod/nin-vi-mode/blob/master/nin-vi-mode.plugin.zsh#L1-L2 I guess I would have to type really fast for `ys` to work with this configuration. On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:09 PM, Oliver Kiddle wrote: > Filipe Silva wrote: > > for instance, the `ys` chord is not being picked up. > > > > supose i have a word: `abcde` and the cursor is in `c`. if I'm in > > normal mode and type `ys` zle thinks that I've hit `s` and deletes the > > `c` character and puts me in insert mode. > > > > Maybe it's a bug? > > I think this occurs if you don't type ys fast enough. What have you got > $KEYTIMEOUT set to? Try typing the ys especially fast. And perhaps try > binding ys to something that will be obvious like kill-whole-line to see > if it is surround that is failing or the key binding. > > If this is the problem, it has also been fixed in newer versions by > making it continue waiting for further keys if the keys typed so far, > such as y, correspond to a widget, such as vi-yank, that needs to wait > for a movement. This also allows tricks like > bindkey -a -s 'cw' 'dwi' > to work much as the equivalent vi map. > > Similarly, I can define > bindkey -s -a "gUU" "gUgU" > but because vi-uppercase is not a builtin widget, I need to hit the keys > fast even in 5.2. > > > On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Filipe Silva > > wrote: > > > I've fixed the bug including the following condition: > > Thanks for that! > > Oliver >