zsh-users
* Path does not update until I logout/log in
@ 2012-12-04 14:33 John
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: John @ 2012-12-04 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

If I install a new executable via my package manager, zsh doesn't allow me to see it via auto-completion until I either source my ~/.zshrc again.  Is there a setting that would control this?  Note that under bash, I don't need to tweak anything to get this behavior.

Here is another tangible example:

1) Open two xterms
2) In one xterm do this:  sudo ln -s /usr/bin/top /usr/bin/newsymlink

Now, if in the 2nd xterm I start typing, nothing happens for autocomplete:  newsy<TAB>

Here is my config file:

$ cat ~/.zshrc
ZSH=$HOME/.zsh

for config_file ($ZSH/lib/*.zsh) source $config_file

for i in aliases commonrc functions zsh ; do [[ -f $HOME/.$i ]] && . $HOME/.$i ; done

PROMPT='%(!.%{$fg_bold[red]%}.%{$fg_bold[white]%}%n@)%m %{$fg_bold[blue]%}%(!.%1~.%~) %#%{$reset_color%} '

REPORTTIME=5

autoload -U compinit

compinit -i