Hi, My company gives us our default zsh in ksh compatibility mode. I don't really like working this way so when I get a new shell I usually just type zsh and load up my favourite options I have noticed something strange, it is easy to solve but should this really be default behaviour, I thought I'd report it. ] arr=(one two three) ] echo ${arr[0]} one ] echo ${arr[1]} one ] echo ${arr[2]} two ] echo ${arr[3]} three setopt ksharrays ] echo ${arr[0]} one ] echo ${arr[1]} two ] echo ${arr[2]} three ] echo ${arr[3]} Regards, Jerry Rocteur