zsh-users
* up-arrow for history 'broken' after ssh
@ 2020-07-28 12:37 TJ Luoma
From: TJ Luoma @ 2020-07-28 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have run into this before, and I know it's a relatively simple fix,
but it has been a few years and my Googling has not turned up the
answer.

I have my zsh history set up such that if I start typing a few letters
and then press the 'up arrow' it will only show me history items which
match the letters I have already typed.

However, when I ssh from my Mac to a Linux machine (which has a
different zsh setup), and then exit ssh, my 'up arrow' goes back one
at a time, regardless of whether or not I have typed anything first.

Can someone remind me how to fix this?

Thanks!

Tj