On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 1:56 AM Roman Perepelitsa wrote: > > On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 6:45 AM Bart Schaefer wrote: > > > > I've reached the conclusion that "local" makes no difference here. > > I actually knew that! There is no way to remove a parameter from a > scope. Once a name is added to a scope, it stays there forever Turns out that such a name also retains its justification settings when unset, so there's no need to resort to typeset +m to reassert them. On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 9:55 AM Roman Perepelitsa wrote: > > If I were writing this code, I would change it without computing > probabilities because it feels wrong to me. Given the foregoing about justification there are a number of things about the previously-attached "untie" that can be streamlined, so this mostly became a non-issue. In this replacement variant, the readonly|special branch could become a fatal error (return 1) if that's preferred.