On Thu, Dec 5, 2019, 8:18 AM Peter Stephenson wrote: > On Thu, 2019-12-05 at 08:12 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote: > > > Isn't the "approved" way to do this, to edit config.modules and change > > the link= value for any modules that can/should be static? > > Yes, that's neater; just make sure you rebuild from early enough > in the process --- the instructions say "make prep." > In my experience this isn't necessary - the make dependencies may have been updated since the instructions were last revised. I change config.modules and then "make" fairly regularly when working on Zsh edits and have not observed it to go wrong. But nobody's actually looking. > Quick, what's that over there? >