zsh-users
* Encoding bug?
@ 2012-09-07 16:45 ☈king
From: ☈king @ 2012-09-07 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

In v5.0.0 (revision 361e171), if I do:

% echo ♔
% r

I get Mojibake.

If I instead do:

% echo ♔
% fc

I also get a case of the 'baks.

My locale settings are no different than from when I ran an older zsh:
LANG=en_US.utf8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.utf8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.utf8"
LC_TIME="en_US.utf8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.utf8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.utf8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.utf8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.utf8"
LC_NAME="en_US.utf8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.utf8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.utf8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.utf8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.utf8"
LC_ALL=en_US.utf8

I did talk to one other user on #zsh that is using 5.0.0 and didn't
experience the problem, and one who did. I have no clue what the
difference between the odd man out might be.

Thanks!
—☈