On Saturday, May 25, 2013, Mario Signorino wrote: > Hi all > > I need some help and possibly also an advice. > > I want is to surround the result of the tab-completion with a special > not-printable chars. This is not going to be straightforward, but have a look at Test/comptest in the sources, which does a similar thing. It forces completion listings and then "colors" them with markup that can be parsed. The characters it uses aren't actually non-printing, but if your app is going to grab the listing on its way to the terminal anyway, perhaps it can also strip the markup.