On Nov 21, 2014 3:46 PM, "Ray Andrews" wrote: > > Bart, is there some readable doc that wraps it all up? In practice I get most all my problems solved now, but I despair of really understanding it, I tend to use trial and error. Minimally, section 6.9 Quoting in the zsh info explains the three types of quotes (backticks look like quotes but are really a substitution). Then you need 14.3 Parameter Expansion and 14.4 Command Substitution to explain what happens inside double quotes. 14.3.2 Rules and 14.3.3 Examples may be the most helpful.