zsh-users
From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com>
To: Pier Paolo Grassi <pierpaolog@gmail.com>
Cc: Zsh-Users List <zsh-users@zsh.org>
Subject: Re: multiple kill are not yanked together
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 13:28:01 -0800	[thread overview]

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 9:36 AM Pier Paolo Grassi <pierpaolog@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello, is there some information I can provide about this question?

Version of zsh?

Are you ever able to get this to happen starting from "zsh -f" + compinit?

Does this happen e.g. after performing completion on one of the words you
then kill?

Oliver would be the most likely person to have insight here, but he's
unavailable for several days right now.

Il giorno mar 11 gen 2022 alle ore 00:10 Pier Paolo Grassi <
> pierpaolog@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> Hello, it is sometimes that I have this behaviour:
>> when I use repeatedly a zle widget like kill-word and then I use yank to
>> restore the killed text, only the last killed word is returned.
>> I remember that all the consecutive killed word were returned at once,
>> and the manual support this:
>> [...] When repeatedly invoking a kill widget, text is  appended  to  the
>>  cutbuffer instead of replacing it[...]
>> Is it possible I deactivated this behavior somehow?

I don't know of any way to "deactivate this" other than by changing key
binding or widget definitions.