zsh-users
* Sed error
@ 2022-08-03  0:12 Aki Hoji
From: Aki Hoji @ 2022-08-03  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

HI,

I get the error message (sed: -e expression #1, char 2: invalid usage of line address 0) when I run a following;

parallel -a temp3.fq  -k --block 50M --pipe-part 'sed -e  "$!N;/\nXQ@A00165/!P;D"' > temp4.fq

When I run this one liner in bash, it works just fine but under zsh. Apprently, zsh does not like “!”.   Isn’t  “!” in the script not compatible with zsh and is there any work around for this ?

I am using my institution’s cluster;

3.10.0-1160.71.1.el7.x86_64
 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linu

Thanks.