zsh-users
* Update size of term
@ 2013-05-16 13:27 Michel
From: Michel @ 2013-05-16 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello,

I have a little problems with using of zsh with ssh.
I'm connect to a ssh server, when I connect to the login shell is bash.
I run zsh (with the command zsh or with "exec zsh"), but when I resize my
terminal zsh don't update the size. In bash (before running of zsh), the
size is correctly updated.

Do you have any track to resolve my problem?

Nice day
_____________________
Michel BARRET

* Re: Update size of term
@ 2013-05-16 13:55 ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2013-05-16 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michel; +Cc: zsh-users

Michel wrote:
> I have a little problems with using of zsh with ssh.
> I'm connect to a ssh server, when I connect to the login shell is bash.
> I run zsh (with the command zsh or with "exec zsh"), but when I resize my
> terminal zsh don't update the size. In bash (before running of zsh), the
> size is correctly updated.
>
> Do you have any track to resolve my problem?

Which version of zsh are you using? If it is a git-snapshot that is a
few weeks old, there might have been a bug that you are now seeing.

If you are using a git-snapshot, you can examine the value of
$ZSH_PATCHLEVEL. It has the following format:

<nearest-tag>-<number-of-commits-since-that-tag>-g<sha1-sum-of-commit>

"<nearest-tag>" should be a release tag, such as "zsh-5.0.2" and
"<number-of-commits-since-that-tag>" should be an integer.

The 85th commit since the 5.0.2 release should fix the bug I'm thinking
of. It has a sha1-sum of "2405b0a", thus $ZSH_PATCHLEVEL should look at
least like this:

  zsh-5.0.2-85-g2405b0a

Any integer larger than 85 should be okay, too. Any commit before
zsh-5.0.2 should be okay, as well.

Regards, Frank

* Re: Update size of term
@ 2013-05-16 16:00   ` Michel
From: Michel @ 2013-05-16 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Terbeck; +Cc: zsh-users

2013/5/16 Frank Terbeck <ft@bewatermyfriend.org>

> Michel wrote:
> > I have a little problems with using of zsh with ssh.
> > I'm connect to a ssh server, when I connect to the login shell is bash.
> > I run zsh (with the command zsh or with "exec zsh"), but when I resize my
> > terminal zsh don't update the size. In bash (before running of zsh), the
> > size is correctly updated.
> >
> > Do you have any track to resolve my problem?
>
> Which version of zsh are you using? If it is a git-snapshot that is a
> few weeks old, there might have been a bug that you are now seeing.

I use very old version on this server: 4.3.6.
It's a RedHat 6 and zsh of repository.

I try with the las version, find in this url :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zsh/files/zsh/5.0.2/zsh-5.0.2.tar.bz2

But the problem is always here.

I try to compile the last zsh from source but I don't find yold in
repository (and don't
find an option to no compile the documentation in ./configure).

Do you know can I compile it?

> Regards, Frank

Regards
_____________________
Michel BARRET

* Re: Update size of term
@ 2013-05-16 19:18     ` Phil Pennock
From: Phil Pennock @ 2013-05-16 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michel; +Cc: Frank Terbeck, zsh-users

On 2013-05-16 at 18:00 +0200, Michel wrote:
> I use very old version on this server: 4.3.6.
> It's a RedHat 6 and zsh of repository.
>
> I try with the las version, find in this url :
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/zsh/files/zsh/5.0.2/zsh-5.0.2.tar.bz2
>
> But the problem is always here.
>
> I try to compile the last zsh from source but I don't find yold in
> repository (and don't
> find an option to no compile the documentation in ./configure).
>
> Do you know can I compile it?

It's been well over a year since I last touched a RH/Centos-type system,
but you might try starting with:

 http://people.spodhuis.org/phil.pennock/software/RPMs/Centos5.5/SPECS/yodl.spec

which handles yodl 3.00.0 for Centos 5.5, and was current as of
September 2011.

If nothing else, it gives you a starting point.

It requires icmake to build, and there's an icmake.spec in the same
directory.

The zsh.spec files go up through 4.3.15.  There should be very few
changes needed for 5.0.2.

  http://people.spodhuis.org/phil.pennock/software/RPMs/Centos5.5/SPECS/

Regards,
-Phil