On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 2:52 AM Lewis Butler wrote: > > > Firstly, if that's a literal copy-and-paste, you've written percent > open-paren rather than percent open-brace. > > Typo. > Please copy-paste rather than type things in. Aside from that obvious typo, your double-quotes are coming through as unicode curly-quotes, and sometimes your single-quotes are unicode apostrophes. This makes it painful to use your examples as test cases. > There's also the possibility of interference by something you haven't > mentioned, such as an RPROMPT setting. > > That is the entirety of the file, barring comments. > Yes, but that's obviously not the ONLY file, since you are loading OMZ, and goodness only knows what is coming in from there. > oh-my-Zsh updates frequently so if I do not currently have the latest > version I am no more than a day or two out of date. This is not the list on which to be debugging OMZ problems. If you can't reproduce the issue when using ... zsh -f % autoload colors % colors % setopt promptsubst % function toon { > echo -n "%{👹%2G%}" > } % PROMPT=$'$(toon) %{$fg_bold[red]%}%n@%m %{$fg_bold[green]%}# ' ... then you should pursue this elsewhere, as an OMZ problem. > Zsh versions are "5.7.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin19.0)" and "zsh 5.8 > (i386-portbld-freebsd12.1)", but this problem has been consistently > inconsistent since last fall. > Those are at least recent enough that it should be OK. > I’ll try playing around with a new user account on the off chance there is > some odd setting in my Terminal.app preferences. > A good next step in any case.