zsh-users
* how to use tags in zsh completion system
@ 2020-08-26  8:59 Ahmad Ismail
From: Ahmad Ismail @ 2020-08-26  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

The [documentation][1] says

>     zstyle ':completion:*:aliens:*' tag-order \
>       'frooble:-funny:funny\ frooble' frooble
>which is used when you're completing for the command aliens, which
presumably has completions tagged as `frooble' ...

I understand that both context and tag can be viewed using <kbd>^Xh</kbd>.
So, I tried the following command but suggestion did not show the tags.

    % zstyle ':completion:*:aliens:*' tag-order 'frooble:-funny:funny\
frooble' frooble
    % aliens <kbd>TAB</kbd>
    Completing file
    Desktop/       Documents/     dotfiles/      Downloads/
    % aliens <kbd>^Xh</kbd>
    tags in context :completion::complete:aliens::
        globbed-files  (_files _default)
    % aliens frooble <kbd>^Xh</kbd>
    tags in context :completion::complete:aliens::
        globbed-files  (_files _default)

I think I am doing something wrong with

> completions tagged as `frooble'

Please help me understand how to use tags in zsh completion system.

  [1]: http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Guide/zshguide06.html#l155