zsh-users
* prints byte sequence when no key is bound to that key sequence
@ 2020-10-21 17:21 Ahmad Ismail
From: Ahmad Ismail @ 2020-10-21 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

Hi All,

If I use the following key bindings, it prints the corresponding key
sequences in my terminal.
Key BindingsByte Sequence
page up [5~
page down [6~
ctrl + ins [2;5~
ctrl + home [1;5H
ctrl + page up [5;5~
ctrl + page down [6;5~
ctrl + end [1;5F
alt + ins [2;3~
alt + home [1;3H
alt + page up [5;3~
alt + page down [6;3~
alt + end [1;3F
alt + delete [3;3~
alt + ctrl + ins [2;7~
alt + ctrl + home [1;7H
alt + ctrl + page up [5;7~
alt + ctrl + [age down [6;7~

The terminal looks like:
[image: r/zsh - prints byte sequence when no key is bound to that key
sequence]
<https://preview.redd.it/he7h3upydhu51.png?width=856&format=png&auto=webp&s=76607c1ed7c58f54abe48aa489932a7256c8b515>

I do not want to print these key sequences in the terminal when I press the
keybindings.

What can I do?

*Thanks and Best Regards,Ahmad Ismail*

* Re: prints byte sequence when no key is bound to that key sequence
@ 2020-10-21 20:20 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-10-21 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ahmad Ismail; +Cc: Zsh Users

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:21 AM Ahmad Ismail <ismail783@gmail.com> wrote:

> Key BindingsByte Sequence
> page up [5~

In every one of your examples, the "[" is supposed to be preceded by an ESC
($'\e', ^[, whatever) character.  I can't tell if you've omitted the ESC
from your original key binding or if it has been stripped out when you
tried to paste this table into your email, but that's where you should
start looking.

* Re: prints byte sequence when no key is bound to that key sequence
@ 2020-10-22  9:39   ` Ahmad Ismail
From: Ahmad Ismail @ 2020-10-22  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: Zsh Users

Hi Bart Schaefer,

After your suggestion, I found the main problem. It was:

_escape-key () {
zle autosuggest-clear # Escape To Clear Suggestion
REGION_ACTIVE=0 # remove selection
}

zle -N _escape-key
bindkey '\e' _escape-key

*Thanks and Best Regards,Ahmad Ismail*

@ 2020-10-22 18:01     ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-10-22 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ahmad Ismail; +Cc: Zsh Users

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 2:40 AM Ahmad Ismail <ismail783@gmail.com> wrote:

> After your suggestion, I found the main problem. It was:
>
> zle -N _escape-key
> bindkey '\e' _escape-key

Hm, that should not break multi-key sequences all by itself.  Has
$KEYTIMEOUT been set to some very small value?

* Re: prints byte sequence when no key is bound to that key sequence
@ 2020-10-24 18:43       ` Ahmad Ismail
From: Ahmad Ismail @ 2020-10-24 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: Zsh Users