zsh-users
* if the file is not found the files is not found is the file not found
@ 2012-03-04 14:31 meino.cramer
From: meino.cramer @ 2012-03-04 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

 ... the cat has bitten into its own tail... somehow...

I wrote a script which handles dvbt streamed files. The process
creates some temporary files, which I want to remove afterwards,
because they normally big ones.

First I wrote

    rm -f ${f}-[0-9]*.mp2

which breaks which an error, if the certain has not created files
of that pattern ... despite the "-f" of the "rm" command.

Then I treid to check for the existence of such files in beforehand
this way:

     [ -f ${f}-[0-9]*.mp2 ]] && rm -f ${f}-[0-9]*.mp2

. Which fails for the same reason.

Did I get lost here? ;)

How many cats do I need to get one, which does not bit into
the tail of the next cat I enter into the script ?

Who knows of the according dog to chase the cats away and make
my script work? ;) :))

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!

Best regards,
mcc