zsh-users
From: shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@gmail.com>
To: Zsh Users <zsh-users@zsh.org>
Subject: Re: directory alias
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 02:25:06 -0500	[thread overview]

Thank y'all for CDPATH - I didn't know about that and it's real cool.

However, after using it for a few days, I realize I want something
like command-t (vim) for the command line.

I just found two promising projects:
https://github.com/clvv/fasd
https://github.com/joelthelion/autojump

The later is probably not what I'm looking for (a wrapper around cd).
However, the former (fasd) is promising. It works with both bash and
zsh and works with other commands. It does not, however, seem to have
been maintained for the past year (and has newer issues).

I also need to look farther into zstyle. However, since I spend a good
portion of my day on boxes in accounts where I'd probably get shot (or
more like yelled at :) ) if i changed the shell to zsh, if I went that
route, I'd still want a solution for bash (sorta OT here, but a
concern none the less).

So, that's where I'm at. And again, thanks for the help.