Hummm, I know this should be possible with qemu but a quick Google is failing to find an easy way to do this. There's probably a fake serial device kernel module though... I'm not going to try so hard as to go through a VM but if this is possible without I'll write something. On Mar 2, 2014 12:28 PM, "Bart Schaefer" wrote: > On Mar 1, 5:50pm, shawn wilson wrote: > } > } If you want that chart, you should be able to come up with a script that > } gets key bindings for \x00 - \x255 (or more realistically 80~200 - > } printable characters) and we can run it through common environments? > > The problem is getting the keyboard to send those characters. In an > XKB environment you might be able to read out the keyboard definitions > but that won't help for consoles, ssh connections, etc. It would be > (was, in the past, IIRC) a large security problem if there were a way > to script a keyboard to send back arbitrary keystrokes. >