Hi, Is there an easy easy way to *always* save the (first N bytes) of the output all commands? Or least save the output of the very last command? Something like always having | tee ~/.output_history/$TTY/${HISTCMD}.out but ideally with a control over the number of bytes written. Is something like that possible? Right now I resort to insert-last-command-output function (original by pws at http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2005/msg00550.html while answering a question of mine...). To re-execute a command and insert its output in the command line. Sometimes it is fast enough and sometimes it is slow. I know we have "keep" (./share/zsh/functions/keeper) distributed with Zsh itself, but keep much like tee has to be manually inserted into the command itself and that it becomes less awesome. I work on OSX and I bet I can write AppleScript code to... somehow fetch the output and insert in the buffer but it I'd rather a (portable) Zsh-based solution. Any ideas other than going the AppleScript route? -- Francisco