On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Peter Stephenson wrote: > On Mon, 22 May 2017 15:53:09 +0200 > Thomas Kupper wrote: > > I recently switched to zsh from bash and miss the more complete > > autocompletion for cssh. Even google didn't show any user which modified > > or extended the _cssh file. > > > > Is there a specify reason for it? Do I miss the obvious? > > > > Now I created an extend (but not yet finished) autocompletion. Is there > an > > interest to include that into the upstream zsh? What would be the > process. > > There will almost certainly be no other reason than that nobody else has > produced an update yet. > > For a few completions, the developers of the utility supply their own > versions of the completion function in their distribution, which allows > them to match the completion to the version of their firmware. But this > is a rare case, and usually when that happens the more limited on in the > zsh distribution would be deleted. > > For everything else --- simply send a patch to update the function(s) to > the zsh-workers@zsh.org list and we'll gladly add it to the distribution. > > pws > Thanx Peter for the explanation, I'll send the patch to workers@zsh when I finished patching the current one up. Have a good day