zsh-users
* Don't append slash when auto completing a symbolic link pointing to a directory
@ 2020-05-28 20:04 Alan
From: Alan @ 2020-05-28 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I'm switching from bash to zsh and prefer bash's default behavior of not
appending a slash when auto completing a symbolic link pointing to a
directory.

For example:
$ mkdir directory
$ ln -s directory symblink
$ ls sym<TAB>

At this point, in bash, you would get:
$ ls symblink

In zsh, I'm getting:
$ ls symblink/

Also, in bash, hitting a <TAB> when the full symbolic link is already
present would then append the slash to the symbolic link:
$ ls symblink<TAB>
$ ls symblink/

Is there anyway to get this behavior with zsh? I looked through "man
zshoptions" this time and couldn't find anything specific to this.

Thanks for your help!