What's the best way to retrieve the current completion word, tags and contexts from a zle widget? For example, suppose I type this: ls ~/foo/ If I now invoke _complete_help via its default ^X^H binding, I see this: tags in context :completion::complete:ls:: argument-rest options (_arguments _ls) tags in context :completion::complete:ls:argument-rest: globbed-files (_files _arguments _ls) I'd like to define a regular zle widget (not a completion widget) and am looking for a way to retrieve: - the word that would be completed if I pressed tab: ~/foo/ - the first context: :completion::complete:ls:: - tags from the last context: globbed-files Preferably this should be fast. If possible, I'd like to avoid the generation of completion candidates (no globbing of ~/foo/* in this example). If some of these are easier to retrieve than others, I could do with a subset. E.g., just the word would already be useful. Or just the first context. Or just the tags from the last context. Roman.