Many thanks for your help and advice. I have now got powerlevel 10k running on my gentoo install. I ran the wizard and it runs OK as a user. It does not as root perhaps yet. I have not run p10k configure yet. Regards MF On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 at 12:48, Roman Perepelitsa wrote: > On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 1:07 PM Michael Fothergill > wrote: > > I had originally intended to install powerlevel10k but I found a wiki > page > > on gentoo advising on installing powerlevel 9k: > > > > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Powerlevel9k > > These are installation instructions for Powerlevel9k on Gentoo. They > shouldn't be confused with advice to install Powerlevel9k on Gentoo. > > Powerlevel9k has been discontinued. The first line of its homepage reads: > > > Powerlevel9k is deprecated and now unmaintained. Please use > Powerlevel10k! > > Roman. >