On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 12:01 PM Mikael Magnusson wrote: > On 5/23/22, Matt Zagrabelny wrote: > > > Why does the subshell in zsh get executed even though the conditional > > branch is not? That is, the "touch"-ing of /tmp/FOO. > > You're most likely using a poorly written prompt theme and/or thing > that updates your terminal title. Haha. Probably! > Try disabling that code and try > again if so. > Yup - that was it. I removed my .zshrc and it works as expected. Thanks for the hint! Time to figure out what poorly written part of my .zshrc is to blame. Cheers, -m