Not sure if it's some nuance with different versions of zsh we're running, but I needed to "setopt exended_glob" (with the underscore). But I think the main issue here is the globbing syntax. Have a look at a working example here: https://asciinema.org/a/97273 Merry Christmas, Gabor On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 11:22 AM Hoji, Akihiko wrote: > Hi, > > > I am trying to delete all the files except a few files having the same > file extension. I did the following; > > setopt extended glob > rm -rf —^file.ext.* > > This gives an error message, “zsh, no matches found:” > > I would appreciate a poster as to what I am doing wrong. > > Thanks in advance. > > AH