sorry, it should have been: trace_funcname(){ emulate -L zsh functions -T funcname funcname } Pier Paolo Grassi Il giorno mer 13 ott 2021 alle ore 05:03 Pier Paolo Grassi < pierpaolog@gmail.com> ha scritto: > Hello, if I do > functions -t funcname > > inside a function (even with emulate -L zsh) the function funcname is > traced even after I exit the enclosing function, eg: > > trace_funcname(){ > emulate -L zsh > functions -t funcname > funcname > } > > > trace_funcname > funcname is executed and traced > > funcname > funcname is executed and traced (but I was expecting no tracing here) > > is this expected behaviour and how can I disable the tracing after > trace_funcname has exited without using functions +t funcname manually, if > is possible? > thanks > > Pier Paolo Grassi >