zsh-users
* file-list and list-colors
@ 2020-04-29  8:29 Pier Paolo Grassi
From: Pier Paolo Grassi @ 2020-04-29  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh-Users List

Hello, I have these two lines in my .zshrc:

zstyle ':completion:*' list-colors ${(s.:.)LS_COLORS}
zstyle ':completion:*' file-list true

Since I have added the file-list style the results are not colored anymore.
Is it possibile to make those styles work together?

thanks

Pier Paolo Grassi
linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pier-paolo-grassi-19300217
founder: https://www.meetup.com/it-IT/Machine-Learning-TO

* Re: file-list and list-colors
@ 2020-04-30 16:45 ` dana
From: dana @ 2020-04-30 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pier Paolo Grassi; +Cc: Zsh-Users List

On 29 Apr 2020, at 03:29, Pier Paolo Grassi <pierpaolog@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I have added the file-list style the results are not colored anymore.
> Is it possibile to make those styles work together?

I don't think so. file-list uses `compadd -l`, which doesn't apply list-colors
styles based on file names/types (only those based on display-string
patterns). It looks like it'd be easy to change that, but maybe there are
other functions designed with the current behaviour in mind? Even if it was
changed, since there's no way to communicate to the list-colors code what part
of the display string is the file name, it can only colour the entire line,
which might look a bit weird

dana