Hello, I have defined a zle widget repeat_widget as such: repeat_widget(){ local lastwidget=$LASTWIDGET if [[ $lastwidget == repeat_widget ]] then lastwidget= [[ -n $_REPEAT_LAST_WIDGET ]] && lastwidget=$_REPEAT_LAST_WIDGET fi _REPEAT_LAST_WIDGET=$lastwidget zle $lastwidget -w } I would like to use it to call multiple times widgets I have associated with complex key combinations, that are not very comfortable to repeat multiple times I have two problems: 1) I would like for repeat_widget to be able to pass numeric arguments to the proxied widget, but if I do alt-number before calling repeat_widget the last widget become numeric-argument 2) when I invoke a widget that is LASTWIDGET-aware (ie a widget that does not reset a search variable if pressed more than one time to show the next search result on every execution) invoking it with repeat_widget breaks this ability Any idea on how to solve this problems? to solve (2) without making the called widget aware of repeat_widget I wonder if zle can override the value of LASTWIDGET, but it seems not from the documentation thanks Pier Paolo Grassi