Hello, I have something like this: less -f <(sleep 100) actually the sleep is a find which does not produce any output for a long time at times, but the result is pretty much the same: less doesn't seem to be able to initialize if it doesn't receive an input, so it can't respond to sigint (ctrl-c), and I have to kill it from another shell I use it like this so I am able to use ctrl-c and +F inside less to move around in the output already received and receive the new input received in the meantime (with +F), so I would rather not us something like: sleep 100 | less which doesn't have problems exiting, but when I hit ctrl-c for the first time the pipe is closed and no more input is generated for less thanks Pier Paolo Grassi