hello, I was wondering if it is somehow possibile to populate the command line within the precmd function. What I am trying to achieve is: from a normal function (not a zle widget) I would like to set some variable, to be read in the precmd function where it is used to populate the next command line and also set the cursor position. I know how to do it from a widget, but from what I know there is no way of doing this from outside a widget, am I right? the desidered behaviour would be: $ special_function par par2 etc [accept-line] output $ special_function par par2 etc (already compiled, some params may be modified) I don't want to: modify the accept-line widget modify history so that the modified version of the line is at a press of the up key this is more of a "can this be done in this way?" question thanks in advance -- Pier Paolo Grassi email: pierpaolog@gmail.com linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pier-paolo-grassi-19300217 founder: https://www.meetup.com/it-IT/Machine-Learning-TO