I forgot to mention that, while I was able to read the history file, the new commands typed were not written to it, and this is the problem I would like to solve thanks Pier Paolo Grassi Il giorno sab 2 ott 2021 alle ore 19:52 Pier Paolo Grassi < pierpaolog@gmail.com> ha scritto: > Hello, I was trying to implement a per project shell history file. > Some of these projects are on windows shared mounted via cifs. when I open > those files as history with fc -p I get: > > /root/.zshrc:440: locking failed for /mnt/docs/projects/devbox/.history: > operation not supported: reading anyway > zsh: locking failed for /mnt/docs/projects/devbox/.history: operation not > supported: reading anyway > > Is it possible to work around this? is it possibile in zsh to disable > locking the history file during write operations? I am the only one writing > to those files so I shouldn't risk a concurrent operation. > I tried using setopt HIST_FCNTL_LOCK but ended up with an emptied history > file. > > Pier Paolo Grassi >