I'm sorry, what is $jobtexts? it seems an empty variable to me and doesn't appear in zshall manual Pier Paolo Grassi Il giorno gio 19 gen 2023 alle ore 17:02 Sebastian Gniazdowski < sgniazdowski@gmail.com> ha scritto: > You could get pid from $jobtexts? > > On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 at 15:43, Pier Paolo Grassi > wrote: > >> I realize now the subject doesn't reflect the final version of the mail, >> sorry for that >> >> Pier Paolo Grassi >> >> >> Il giorno gio 19 gen 2023 alle ore 16:32 Pier Paolo Grassi < >> pierpaolog@gmail.com> ha scritto: >> >>> Hello, I want to populate an array from a long running process, >>> something like: >>> >>> long_running_process | while read line >>> do >>> array+=$line >>> done >>> >>> problem is, since long_running_process does not continually produce >>> output but only some times, when i try to interrupt this pipeline with >>> ctrl-c I have to wait until it produces some output for the process to >>> terminate (because, as I understand it, when it tries to write to the pipe >>> it receives a sigpipe due to it being already closed) >>> >>> I have tried various constructs with trap and even coproc to be able to >>> intercept the ctrl-c and send a sigpipe to the long running process, but to >>> no result. >>> >>> I wonder if someone has some solution to share for this problem, thanks >>> >>> Pier Paolo Grassi >>> >> > > -- > Best regards, > Sebastian Gniazdowski > >