It would be interesting to make it carry the position of the cursor in vim to zsh. Vim saves the position of the cursor in .viminfo, so reading it back from there is a possibility. Another possibility would be to instruct vim to persist the same information recorded to .viminfo in some temporary file, and then to read it back. Of course this would require some configuration on vim's behalf, and not so simple to make it work on every version, configuration and customization. Any thoughts? maybe (probably) this has already surfaced Pier Paolo Grassi Il giorno lun 8 nov 2021 alle ore 20:15 Muhmud Ahmad < muhmud.ahmad@googlemail.com> ha scritto: > Yep, that works exactly as I want it to, thanks! > > Any ideas when that will get released? > > On Mon, 8 Nov 2021 at 22:57, Bart Schaefer > wrote: > >> >> My zsh version is 5.8 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) >> >> Ah, my apologies ... I'm using the edit-command-line function from the >> latest git checkout. It works fine in 5.8, grab it and drop it >> somewhere early in your $fpath. >> >