Great, thanks! Il giorno mer 26 gen 2022 alle 10:48 Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri < andreas.kahari@abc.se> ha scritto: > On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 10:02:37AM +0100, Pier Paolo Grassi wrote: > > Hello, I noticed that having a double slash in a path that I then try to > > complete, ie: > > > > /home/paul//ab > > > > requires a significant more amount of time to execute than the same path > > without double slashes. > > I tried this with zsh -f, and it does not reproduce. > > Is there a setting that comes to mind that can be responsible for this? > > thanks > > > > Pier Paolo Grassi > > If you use compinit in your .zshrc, then // in a path will be treated as > /*/ when doing filename completion. > > Look for "squeeze-slashes" in the zshcompsys(1) manual. > > squeeze-slashes > If set to `true', sequences of slashes in filename paths > (for example in `foo//bar') will be treated as a single > slash. This is the usual behaviour of UNIX paths. > However, by default the file completion function behaves > as if there were a `*' between the slashes. > > -- > Andreas (Kusalananda) Kähäri > SciLifeLab, NBIS, ICM > Uppsala University, Sweden > > . > -- Pier Paolo Grassi