zsh-users
* file-list completion
@ 2022-07-16 15:23 Pier Paolo Grassi
From: Pier Paolo Grassi @ 2022-07-16 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh-Users List

Hello, I noticed that completion with file-list style shows a maximum of 8
digits for the size, truncating the leftmost ones. Does anyone knows some
way to prevent this, or to customize the style (besides what is already in
the manual) to achieve better data presentation, eg showing human-readable
number format?
thanks!

Pier Paolo Grassi

* Re: file-list completion
@ 2022-07-16 23:08 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2022-07-16 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pier Paolo Grassi; +Cc: Zsh-Users List

On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 8:24 AM Pier Paolo Grassi <pierpaolog@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I noticed that completion with file-list style shows a maximum of 8 digits for the size, truncating the leftmost ones. Does anyone knows some way to prevent this, or to customize the style (besides what is already in the manual) to achieve better data presentation, eg showing human-readable number format?

Discussed in https://zsh.org/users/26250 and follow-ups.

Short answer, you can override a function to alter the formatting, but
you can't get human-readable sizes (unless you massage them yourself,
I guess).

* Re: file-list completion
@ 2022-07-16 23:22   ` Pier Paolo Grassi
From: Pier Paolo Grassi @ 2022-07-16 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)