I would like to test your solution, but idk how to add an action part to my $categories_array. Right now it is just an array of strings to be used for completion. Pier Paolo Grassi Il giorno sab 7 mag 2022 alle ore 22:29 Pier Paolo Grassi < pierpaolog@gmail.com> ha scritto: > > It should already be happening that way. If you type a space or another > return after the comma, it should disappear. > > yes it is removed when I press a space after selection, and even if I > press enter after the selection. But this way, in the enter case, the line > is accepted and executed. > What I would like is for the comma not to be inserted after the > completion, I would like to insert it by myself if I want to insert > multiple arguments. So when I press enter in the menu selection the voice > is selected and the line is: > > func acat > > instead of > > func acat, > > thanks > > > Pier Paolo Grassi > > > Il giorno sab 7 mag 2022 alle ore 22:12 Bart Schaefer < > schaefer@brasslantern.com> ha scritto: > >> On Sat, May 7, 2022 at 3:41 AM Pier Paolo Grassi >> wrote: >> >>> >>> _values -s , categories $categories_array >>> >>> > func a >>> >>> > func acat, >>> >>> I would like that the comma was not added automatically, or at least to >>> be removed automatically when I select a voice in menu selection with enter. >>> is this possible? >>> >> >> It should already be happening that way. If you type a space or another >> return after the comma, it should disappear. >> >> If that's not happening the way you like, you can try some variation of >> >> remove_comma=(-r '[:alnum:] \t\n\-') >> _values -O remove_comma -s , categories $categories_array >> >> to remove the comma when you type (in that example) anything alphanumeric >> or whitespace, but whether that works depends on how you've defined the >> specs in $categories_array (-O applies only to specs that have an "action" >> component). >> >> >>