zsh-users
* commit to history
@ 2021-08-27 21:14 Pier Paolo Grassi
From: Pier Paolo Grassi @ 2021-08-27 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh-Users List

Hello, I have a zle widget that I use to send the current buffer to the
history without executing it, and then start a new prompt (to clear the
buffer and reset the current history position), it is implemented a such:

commit_to_history() {
  print -s ${(q)${(z)BUFFER}}
  zle send-break
}

the send-break widget returns a status code 1, and since I have a precmd
that displays the last status code, I was wondering if it is in some way
possibile to suppress that return status. I have tried with {zle
send-break} always {TRY_BLOCK_ERROR=0} but didn't help. It is a very minor
annoyance, but I am curious nonetheless
thanks

Pier Paolo Grassi