zsh-users
* Re: The request of words matter updated
       [not found] <DM6PR15MB4139085983BB9582B84DDB3DF04D9@DM6PR15MB4139.namprd15.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2022-09-27  2:14 ` Xiao Ling XL Chen
From: Xiao Ling XL Chen @ 2022-09-27  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: Kui K Zhang

Hello all!

I wanted to contact zsh-workers@zsh.org<mailto:zsh-workers@zsh.org> for the request of words matter updated but didn’t get any response. If  zsh-users@zsh.org<mailto:zsh-users@zsh.org> isn’t correct one either, please let me know the right one. Thanks.

There 12 slave and 16 master used as variables in source code   "Src/Modules/zpty.c". Even though the words "slave" & "master" are used as internal static variables, and not be exposed to external calling or exported it in message, as what the words matter requirement of our company, may I ask change them in a future level? For example, replace “slave” with "worker", "child", "helper", "replica", "follower", or "secondary [server, node, process, or other noun]", and replace “master” with "controller", "leader", "manager", "main", "coordinator", "parent", or "primary [server, node, process, or other noun]". Thanks.

Take care, stay strong, and stay safe.

Best regards,
Sunny (Xiao Ling Chen, 陈小玲)

z/OS USS SU&DBX Development and L3
IBM China Systems & Technology Lab (CSTL)
Tel:    86-010-82452454
E-mail: chenxlxl@cn.ibm.com<mailto:chenxlxl@cn.ibm.com>

From: Xiao Ling XL Chen <chenxlxl@cn.ibm.com>
Date: Monday, September 19, 2022 at 14:52
To: zsh-workers@zsh.org <zsh-workers@zsh.org>
Subject: The request of words matter updated

There 12 slave and 16 master used as variables in source code   "Src/Modules/zpty.c". Even though the words "slave" & "master" are used as internal static variables, and not be exposed to external calling or exported it in message, as what the words matter requirement, may I ask change them in a future level? For example, replace “slave” with "worker", "child", "helper", "replica", "follower", or "secondary [server, node, process, or other noun]", and replace “master” with "controller", "leader", "manager", "main", "coordinator", "parent", or "primary [server, node, process, or other noun]". Thanks.

@ 2022-09-27  2:32   ` Lawrence Velázquez
From: Lawrence Velázquez @ 2022-09-27  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xiao Ling XL Chen; +Cc: Kui K Zhang, zsh-users

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022, at 10:14 PM, Xiao Ling XL Chen wrote:
> I wanted to contact zsh-workers@zsh.org for the request of words matter
> updated but didn’t get any response.

There was a response, but it was addressed to the list alone.

https://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2022/msg00980.html

zsh-workers@ was correct.

--
vq