zsh-users
* 3.1.7-pre-1
@ 2000-04-19 19:21 Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2000-04-19 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

The first test release of 3.1.7, 3.1.7-pre-1 is now (or shortly will be) in
the development directory at the main zsh archive,
  ftp://ftp.zsh.org/zsh/development/zsh-3.1.7-pre-1.tar.gz
As it's been under continuous test for some time, with no substantial
changes for a month or two, this ought to be pretty stable.

This means it's now time to start smoothing the remaining rough corners of
for the release, which I hope will be the last before 4.0.1.  In
particular, information about builds on all manner of machines and with all
manner of options would be appreciated.

As is traditional, I personally will be away for the next week.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk>
Work: pws@CambridgeSiliconRadio.com

* 3.1.7-pre-1
@ 2000-04-26 19:04 Paul Ackersviller
From: Paul Ackersviller @ 2000-04-26 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

Pardon me if this belongs more on the developer's list, but I'm not on that.

In zsh 3.1.7-pre-1, I notice that **/ is matching directory names starting
with `.' (I have extendedglob on and globdots off, like usual).  Needless to
say, this is not what I want; 3.0.7 and 3.1.6 both do the right thing.

I just started running 3.1.7-pre-1 a few days ago, and am seeing a couple
of other peculiar things as well.  They're harder to describe, so I'll
investigate more and report those a little later.

--
Paul Ackersviller