zsh-users
* installing zsh questions
@ 2006-03-13 18:15 Francisco Borges
From: Francisco Borges @ 2006-03-13 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh User

Hello!

Two possibly very silly questions about installing zsh locally:
(BTW I'm running Debian "stable")

1. To make help files for run-help I used:

% man -m /usr/local/man zshall | colcrt - | \
  perl ~/sys/zsh/zsh-4.3.1/Util/helpfiles

But this created files like:

On
By
But
No
[etc]

it seems that most files starting with upper case could be deleted, but
there are things like LBUFFER, which is arguably a valid help file.

Have I done something wrong or everybody just deletes all files starting
with uppercase? (in which case the question is, why the perl script
won't do that directly?).

2. There are executable scripts in Functions/Misc, however 'make
   install' is installing them as non-executable files. I used:

configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow/zsh-4.3.1 --enable-function-subdirs \
	  --enable-site-fndir --enable-zsh-mem

What am I missing here?

Thanks a lot!
--