zsh-users
From: Perry Smith <pedz@easesoftware.com>
To: Zsh Users <zsh-users@zsh.org>
Subject: Re: variable expanding to `*` matches a literal `*` in case cond. construct
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 18:02:01 -0600	[thread overview]

> On Dec 15, 2019, at 5:27 PM, Dominik Vogt <dominik.vogt@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> What you normally need are not scripts compatible with every
> shell, but *portable* scripts that run on any system.  Your best
> bet ist to put
>
> #!/bin/sh
> (or /bin/bash for bash based systems; Linux etc.)

Also, if you don’t put #!, the script is executed by “sh” — not
$SHELL

% cat /tmp/simple
ps -p$$

(note there is no #!)

% /tmp/simple
  PID TTY           TIME CMD
24317 ttys000    0:00.01 sh /tmp/simple

note it is “sh” not zsh running the script

Also, zsh is only the default shell on MacOS for new users.  Existing
users, after an upgrade, still use the same shell as they did before
(this is according to the documentation which I’ve not verified).