zsh-users
* developing dotfile module for zsh
@ 1995-08-30 21:04 Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1995-08-30 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

There is a nice program called "Dotfile Generator" which
will give you a graphical interface to create configuration
files for various utilities.  Currently this program has
modules that will allow it to configure emacs, tcsh, and fvwm.
I believe that work is in progress to develop modules for
bash, procmail, and the NCSA web server.  I'm looking for someone
to possibly develop a module for zsh (I'm too busy to do it myself
right now).  If you are interested in doing this, please let me know.
I think this would be a great help in convincing people to give
zsh a try.

At any rate, I think this is a neat utility and encourage everyone
to give it a try.

There is a web page for "Dotfile Generator" at
http://www.imada.ou.dk/~blackie/dotfile/

The ftp site for it is:
ftp://ftp.imada.ou.dk/pub/dotfile

Richard Coleman
zsh@math.gatech.edu
coleman@math.gatech.edu

* Help: stty -echo
@ 1995-09-01 12:20 ` Jozsef Kadlecsik
From: Jozsef Kadlecsik @ 1995-09-01 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: Jozsef Kadlecsik

Hi,

One of our zsh user logs in via X.25 and he wants local echoing.
So he tried to switch off echoing by

$ stty -echo

However, the command has no effect in zsh. (It works in ksh, csh, bash.)
The zsh versions we tried are 2.5.03 and 2.6-beta10-hzoli10.3 on Solaris 2.4.

Is this an (old) bug? How could it be fixed?

Thanks any suggestion in advance!

Best regards,
Jozsef Kadlecsik
                                           Address: P.O.B 49 Budapest
                                                    1525 Hungary
Hungarian Academy of Sciences              Phone  : +36 (1) 169 9499
Central Research Institute for Physics     Fax    : +36 (1) 169 6567
                                           E-mail : kadlec@sunserv.kfki.hu
                                                    kadlec@blackhole.kfki.hu