zsh-users
* Bug or feature?
@ 2000-07-28 11:31 Juhapekka Tolvanen
From: Juhapekka Tolvanen @ 2000-07-28 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

My ~/.zshrc sources my ~/.kshrc via "." (dot) and my ~./kshrc sources my
~/.shinit via ".". My ~/shinit has also these lines:

# {{{ Logout

trap '. $HOME/.sh_logout; exit' 0

# }}}

Bash, ash and pdksh really sources my  ~/.sh_logout during logout because of
that trap but my zsh does not. So I had to create ~/.zlogout that has just
these lines:

# ~/.zlogout

# echo ~/.zlogout

. ~/.sh_logout

Is this bug or feature? If it is bug, warn me, when that bug is fixed, so I
can delete that ~/.zlogout.

You may ask, where I heard about such hack. Right this way:

http://www.oreilly.com/

http://unix.oreilly.com/

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/upt2/

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/upt2/examples/

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/upt2/examples/#sh_logout

ftp://ftp.oreilly.com/pub/examples/power_tools/unix/split/sh_logout

# IF YOU USE bash, COPY THIS FILE INTO $HOME/.bash_logout .
# FOR OTHER SHELLS WITHOUT A LOGOUT FILE, PUT THIS INTO $HOME/.sh_logout
# AND ADD THE FOLLOWING LINE TO YOUR .profile:
#     trap '. $HOME/.sh_logout; exit' 0

BTW that "Drill-book" really rules, although it does not have something
about Zsh.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * U of Jyväskylä * juhtolv@st.jyu.fi
http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/ * * "STRAIGHT BUT NOT NARROW !!"

* RE: Bug or feature?
@ 2000-07-28 12:06 ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-07-28 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> My ~/.zshrc sources my ~/.kshrc via "." (dot) and my ~./kshrc sources my
> ~/.shinit via ".". My ~/shinit has also these lines:
>
> # {{{ Logout
>
> trap '. $HOME/.sh_logout; exit' 0
                                               ^^^ is there a space between '
and 0?

> # }}}
>
> Bash, ash and pdksh really sources my  ~/.sh_logout during logout because of
> that trap but my zsh does not.

What version of Zsh?

bor@itsrm2% zsh
bor@itsrm2% trap "print I am exiting ..." 0
bor@itsrm2% exit
I am exiting ...

-andrej

* RE: Bug or feature?
@ 2000-07-28 12:14   ` Juhapekka Tolvanen
From: Juhapekka Tolvanen @ 2000-07-28 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> > My ~/.zshrc sources my ~/.kshrc via "." (dot) and my ~./kshrc sources my
> > ~/.shinit via ".". My ~/shinit has also these lines:
> >
> > # {{{ Logout
> >
> > trap '. $HOME/.sh_logout; exit' 0
>                                                ^^^ is there a space between '
> and 0?
> >
> > # }}}
> >
> > Bash, ash and pdksh really sources my  ~/.sh_logout during logout because of
> > that trap but my zsh does not.
>
> What version of Zsh?
>
> bor@itsrm2% zsh
> bor@itsrm2% trap "print I am exiting ..." 0
> bor@itsrm2% exit
> I am exiting ...

Oh, sorry, I forgot:

juhtolv@heresy : /home/juhtolv
% dpkg -l zsh                                                      7544 | pts/5
uppercase=bad)
ii  zsh            3.1.6.pws21-1  A shell with lots of features.
juhtolv@heresy : /home/juhtolv
%                                                                  7545 | pts/5

That is the version of zsh provided with Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 Potato

--

@ 2000-07-28 12:24     ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-07-28 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> ii  zsh            3.1.6.pws21-1  A shell with lots of features.

Agreed :-)

That's pretty old. Could you install at least 3.1.9? In any case, I presume it
was a bug, since it works in current version.

-andrej

* RE: Bug or feature?
@ 2000-07-28 12:51       ` Juhapekka Tolvanen
From: Juhapekka Tolvanen @ 2000-07-28 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> > ii  zsh            3.1.6.pws21-1  A shell with lots of features.
>
> Agreed :-)
>
> That's pretty old. Could you install at least 3.1.9? In any case, I presume it
> was a bug, since it works in current version.

Well, Potato is frozen state right now and it will go to stable state very
soon. No single package in stable Debian distribution is allowed to have so
called release critical bugs. And that means, that zsh provided with Potato
has no release critical bugs.

What about next version called Woody. It is in unstable state. It has
zsh 3.1.9.dev3-1. I could take it and install it in my Potato, but I am
chicken.  :-)

I'll delete that ~/.zlogin-file, when my zsh is upgraded during upgrading of
Debian.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * U of Jyväskylä * juhtolv@st.jyu.fi
http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/ * * "STRAIGHT BUT NOT NARROW !!"
"if i was twice the man i could be, i'd still be half of what
you need"                                       Nine Inch Nails

* bug or feature?
@ 1997-06-13 22:20 Louis-David Mitterrand
From: Louis-David Mitterrand @ 1997-06-13 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Something strange in filename generation:

% ls JBC*a
JBClockView.java*    JBCodesSICOVAM.java
JBCode.java          JBConfig.java

so far so good... then:

% ls JBC*a~JBCo*
zsh: no matches found: JBC*a~JBCo*