zsh-users
* bash has been ported DOS
@ 2001-08-27 22:25 Juhapekka Tolvanen
From: Juhapekka Tolvanen @ 2001-08-27 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yeah! You heard it right!

ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/

  bsh204b.zip (Binaries)
  bsh204d.zip (Sources)
  bsh204s.zip (Docs)

First Changelog-entry is dated March 24th, 2000.

I just wonder, what if one day somebody hacks zsh so that it will
compile and work under DOS.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * * University of Jyväskylä * * juhtolv@st.jyu.fi
http://www.st.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/spam.html * * * * * * "STRAIGHT BUT NOT NARROW"

* Re: bash has been ported DOS
@ 2001-08-27 22:41 ` Joakim Ryden
From: Joakim Ryden @ 2001-08-27 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Umm, why? :)

--Jo

On 28 Aug 2001 01:25:37 +0300, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

> Yeah! You heard it right!
>
> ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/
>
>   bsh204b.zip (Binaries)
>   bsh204d.zip (Sources)
>   bsh204s.zip (Docs)
>
> First Changelog-entry is dated March 24th, 2000.
>
> I just wonder, what if one day somebody hacks zsh so that it will
> compile and work under DOS.
>
> --
> Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * * University of Jyväskylä * * juhtolv@st.jyu.fi
> http://www.st.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/spam.html * * * * * * "STRAIGHT BUT NOT NARROW"
> "Olen saanut palautetta, että olisin saanut silloin ja silloin jos olisin
> tehnyt aloitteen. Ko. naiset eivät voineet tehdä aloitetta, koska se "kuuluu"
> miehelle. Tok tok. Sitten kun aloitteita tekee, niin naiset loukkaantuvat ja
> katkaisevat välit. Hullujenhuoneelle koko porukka."             Hiski Haapoja

* zsh compilation errors ... was: Re: bash has been ported DOS
@ 2001-08-27 23:12   ` Matthew Lyon
From: Matthew Lyon @ 2001-08-27 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

has anyone gotten zsh to compile on platforms other than a recent linux
(like RH 7.1)

I got linux to compile and x86-sunos to compile but sparc, alpha, and sgi
boxes are failing... any ideas? tweaks?

I cleaned and configured with dynamic disabled and then the compilation
choked.

On 27 Aug 2001, Joakim Ryden wrote:

> Umm, why? :)
>
> --Jo
>
> On 28 Aug 2001 01:25:37 +0300, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:
> >
> > Yeah! You heard it right!
> >
> > ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/
> >
> >   bsh204b.zip (Binaries)
> >   bsh204d.zip (Sources)
> >   bsh204s.zip (Docs)
> >
> > First Changelog-entry is dated March 24th, 2000.
> >
> > I just wonder, what if one day somebody hacks zsh so that it will
> > compile and work under DOS.
> >
> > --
> > Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * * University of Jyväskylä * * juhtolv@st.jyu.fi
> > http://www.st.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/spam.html * * * * * * "STRAIGHT BUT NOT NARROW"
> > "Olen saanut palautetta, että olisin saanut silloin ja silloin jos olisin
> > tehnyt aloitteen. Ko. naiset eivät voineet tehdä aloitetta, koska se "kuuluu"
> > miehelle. Tok tok. Sitten kun aloitteita tekee, niin naiset loukkaantuvat ja
> > katkaisevat välit. Hullujenhuoneelle koko porukka."             Hiski Haapoja

--
-mL x2121
Please CC: qa@paracel.com with anything relating to testing software or hardware

* Re: bash has been ported DOS
@ 2001-08-27 23:29 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-08-27 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Aug 28,  1:25am, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:
> I just wonder, what if one day somebody hacks zsh so that it will
> compile and work under DOS.

It's been done.  Amol Deshpande ported 3.0.5, and 4.0.x compiles under
Cygwin out of the box.

* Re: zsh compilation errors ... was: Re: bash has been ported DOS
@ 2001-08-27 23:35     ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-08-27 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Aug 27,  4:12pm, Matthew Lyon wrote:

> I cleaned and configured with dynamic disabled and then the compilation
> choked.

Including a little more information might get you a useful answer.

* Re: zsh compilation errors ...
@ 2001-08-28  0:52       ` Matthew Lyon
From: Matthew Lyon @ 2001-08-28  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

okay, I'm getting this on mips-irix...

uname -a:
IRIX tacobell 6.5 10181059 IP32

tacobell% make -s | tail
`complete.mdh' is up to date.
`complete.mdh' is up to date.
ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/lib32/libsocket.so is not used for resolving any
symbol.
ld32: WARNING 127: Two shared objects with the same soname,
/usr/lib32/mips3/libc.so and /usr/lib32/libc.so, have been been linked.
This is probably due to a missing -L specification. Ignoring the latter.
ld32: Segmentation fault.  Removing output file...
creating ./config.h
./config.h is unchanged
Updated `zutil.mdh'.
Updated `zutil.mdh'.
Updated `stamp-modobjs'.
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

@ 2001-08-28  7:25   ` Daniel Brahneborg
From: Daniel Brahneborg @ 2001-08-28  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anybody got a nice binary of this?
I tried building zsh 4 under Cygwin recently, and although
the build works fine, the zsh binary dumps core at startup. :(

Thanks in advance,

/Basic

* RE: bash has been ported DOS
@ 2001-08-28  7:38     ` Borsenkow Andrej
From: Borsenkow Andrej @ 2001-08-28  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Has anybody got a nice binary of this?
> I tried building zsh 4 under Cygwin recently, and although
> the build works fine, the zsh binary dumps core at startup. :(

When running directly out of Explorer (via shortcut e.g.?) It is known
to happen for some folks but not for others. No idea what's going on.
Running it via bat file is O.K.

Else details please.

-andrej