zsh-users
* two very simple questions
@ 2004-08-23 22:52 William Scott
From: William Scott @ 2004-08-23 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZSH-users

Hi Folks:

1.  I realize this one deserves a RTFM answer, but I haven't been able
to find it.

If I type

cp file1.txt file2.txt

and file2.txt doesn't already exist, zsh offers to "correct" the second
argument by making it file1.txt.

Same with mv

This is really annoying. Is there a way to turn off the correction
mechanism for the second argument but not the first?

2.  I built zsh 4.2.1 on OS X v. 10.3.5 and when I run make check, it
hangs here:

./Y01completion.ztst: starting.

So far all the completions seem to be working in practice.  Should I
worry about this?

Thanks.

Bill

* Re: two very simple questions
@ 2004-08-24  3:27 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2004-08-24  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZSH-users

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, William Scott wrote:

> cp file1.txt file2.txt
>
> This is really annoying. Is there a way to turn off the correction
> mechanism for the second argument but not the first?

No, there isn't.  The correction mechanism isn't yet programmable like
completion.  (Consider also the case of

  cp file1 file2 directory

where you presumably want all three arguments corrected.)

> 2.  I built zsh 4.2.1 on OS X v. 10.3.5 and when I run make check, it hangs
> here:
>
> ./Y01completion.ztst: starting.
>
> So far all the completions seem to be working in practice.  Should I worry
> about this?

This probably indicates an error in the zpty module, so if you don't need
that you can ignore the failure.  I believe there was a discussion about
this on zsh-workers a while ago; hmm, the MACHINES file says this should
be OK in 10.3.  I don't know any more about it.

* Re: two very simple questions
@ 2004-08-24 14:07 ` Jason Price
From: Jason Price @ 2004-08-24 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I can't help with the second one, but the first one does have a work
around:

alias mv='nocorrect mv'
alias cp='nocorrect cp'

This will disable correction for these two commands.  See Bart's points
about why this might be a good idea (or not).

--Jason